Wednesday, May 3, 2017

May 3, 2017 Snip the Tip

Reading: Galatians 5 and Deuteronomy 31-32

Scripture: Galatians 5:14, For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Observation: As Paul was talking to the Galatian church they were having an argument about if the gentile (non Jewish) believers needed to be circumcised, Most of us who are Christians today are gentile and as a man I appreciate that fact that when I came to know Christ as my savior I didn’t have to got to a priest to be circumcised. Not only in the fact that I don’t want surgery down there, Paul was saying that if we accept the Covenant of circumcision then we have to be held to the standard of the law.

Application: If we are held to the law just as the Jewish people were we will never measure up to the standards that God has set for us. Paul was only restating what Jesus told us that all the other commandments are wrapped up in one and that is to love your neighbor as yourself. Love is not a feeling or a emotion that we so often think of it now days, Love is a choice and an action, Love is putting the needs of others before your own needs. We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus not by works or sacrifices given to cover our mistakes.


Prayer: Father you are so amazing and I am so in awe of your love for us. I thank you that you have sent us your son that we may have the opportunity to draw close to you. I thank you for your daily provisions and blessings you pour out on us each and every day. I ask that you help us to see every opportunity to love as you love and help us to share your love with those around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment