Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May 2, 2017 Choose Life

Reading: Galatians 4, Deuteronomy 29-30 and Psalm 15

Scripture: Deuteronomy 30:19, I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, 

Observation: Back as the nation of Israel was coming into the promised land this was another portion of the covenant that told them what would happen if they didn’t fallow the law and implored them to choose life by following the law. As the generations passed history and the Bible show how Israel ebed and flowed in and out of God’s will at times being taken into exile again.

Application: Looking at this passage through the eyes of the new testament in John 14:6 Jesus says I am the way the truth and the life. Not only is this passage imploring the nation of Israel to fallow the law but it encourages us to choose the life that is in Christ Jesus. I have found in my life that even knowing that I have been saved by what Jesus has done for us I still have to make a point every day to choose Life and choose to follow Jesus. It is easy to go back to my ways of doing things that I did them before coming to Christ. 


Prayer: Father I am so in awe of how you can love us anew each day and we have the opportunity to choose life each day. I thank you for choosing me for the plans you have and the provisions and blessings that you have for us each day. I ask that you help us to see where we are falling back into our old ways and seek you on a daily basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment