Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15, 2017 It's not mine

Reading: Colossians 1, Joshua 23-24 and Psalm 99

Scripture: Joshua 24:14-15, "Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Observation: Growing up every time I heard about “God’s chosen people” I imagined that the nation of Israel was so Holy and so good. Now as I have learned better and spend more time in the word and seek the knowledge that God has for me though the Holy Spirit I see that Israel is just as stubborn and pig headed as I am. 

Application: I would have thought that after what they have seen as God has given the land into their hands and all the stories they heard form their parents of how God brought them out of Egypt and gave them mana, that these people would have had such great faith and would have had no need for other gods and look to other things. I know that I will from time to time place things above God by worrying and focusing on other things like money. We need to keep things in the proper perspective.


Prayer: Father you are so wonderful and forgiving. I thank you for your provisions and blessing you pour out on us each day. I lay my fiancees at your feet this is your money this your debt this is your house and car we are only stewards of this. I ask that you place on my heart what to pay and how much to pay each day and each bill and each place to give. it is all yours and I ask for your leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment