Thursday, July 28, 2022

Wise in your own eyes.

Reading: Proverbs 26-27, Psalm 98, and2 Peter 2

Scripture: Proverbs 26:4-5, Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.
 
Thoughts: We all have this tendency to be foolish from time to time, and most grow out of it and develop wisdom as we age. I have seen this disturbing trend into not telling children no, affirming everything they say and do. This trend of affirming all things in them before they have learned to enough to have developed true wisdom are creating people who are wise in their own eyes. We need to seek out those people in our lives who will help us to walk in truth, we are living in an echo with other like minded people who we have never met due to the internet and social media. It is easy to find and build those echo cambers where we hear only our own ideas reflected back to us. Let us welcome those with opposing ideas and those who challenge ours to have conversations and discussions about these differences that we can truly develop wisdom. Salomon in his great wisdom from God was able to speak to this nearly three thousand years before the invention of the internet and social media where does your wisdom come from?
 
Prayer: Father God, you are where all truth and all true wisdom flows. I thank you that you are pouring out your love, your truth, and your peace upon us every day as you provide for all our needs. I thank you for those in my life that walk with you and seek you and are willing to discuss so that we can be that iron sharpening one another. I thank you that you are refining me and molding me into the man you have called me to be. I ask that you help me to grow in your wisdom and walk in your ways that I may not be the fool who see himself as wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment