Sunday, July 31, 2022

Complacency or Hate

Reading: Song of Solomon 1-4 and 1 John 2

 

Scripture: 1 John 2:2, He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

 

Thoughts: When reading 1 John this verse about Jesus being the payment for our sins and the sins of the world resinated differently with me today. Not only am I where I am today because of the gift that he gave us through his Son, but what suck with me was when he made the point to say not just for us but for the whole world. Yes we know John 3:16, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. In that we know He loved the world yet are we sharing that love with the world? If we truly believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven, how much complacency or hate do we have in us to not share the gospel with those around us. I know I struggle with sharing with people, I know I make excuses and find reasons why I can’t yet I know that if I stepped out that He would be there with me to overcome those hangups I have. Are we telling others about Jesus paying for our sins or are we keeping that to ourselves? 

 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you did send your Son to Earth and that we have the opportunity to be reconciled to you and that we are no welcome in the Holy of Holies where you reside. I thank you that you are the provider of all things, through you all blessings and provision come. I thank you that you are working in my life, molding and refining me that I can be a better father, a better husband, and a better follower of you. I ask that you help me to overcome the pride and fear in my life that is keeping me from walking out your plan. 

1 comment: