Saturday, July 30, 2022

Be in the light as He is in the light.

Reading: Proverbs 30-31, Psalm 96, and 1 John 1

Scripture: 1 John 1:5-6, This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

Thoughts: When I was reading about God being the light and we when we claim to be in fellowship with Him, yet we still walk in the dark it says we are I lier. As I was reading, I was thinking about my struggle with lust, I am grateful that most of the time I can avoid falling into the temptations, but it happens. There are those who walk in the darkness and believe the are in the light, walking deceived by the evil one. We are called into the light and into fellowship with the Father, yet we are always being tempted into sin. When we have the unconfessed sin and are not repentant we are walking in the dark pretending to be in the light. God is working with me to completely remove lust from my life. Where are you walking because there is not a was to keep your toe in the dark and walk in the light of God?

Prayer: Father God, you are the light of the world, you open our eyes to see the things in our lives where we have iniquities in our live. You call us into the light, and I ask you that you help us to set aside those things we are holding onto, keeping us in the dark and keeping us from you. I thank you that you are molding and refining me every day. I thank you that you provide what we need and leading and guiding me every day. I ask that you continue to open my eyes and give me your discernment that I can see the traps and snares the evil one is placing before me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment