Sunday, July 24, 2022

What are you speaking?

Reading: Proverbs 18-19, Psalm 16, and 1 Peter 3 

Scripture: Proverbs 18:21, Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.

 

Thoughts: As I was reading today going through these proverbs and the wisdom that God gave to Salomon, I started thinking about what my words say about me, and what am I speaking into my wife and children? As much as I love my wife and children my words and my tones don’t always show it. The power of life and death are in the tongue. Not only do we need to watch and bridle our tongue around and with our family but in the world around us. We are told that “they will know us by our love.” When we are participating in the hate and distain for one another the way the world is our tongue is speaking death. Our tongues don’t only speak death outwardly but we have the tendency to speak these things over ourselves, “I’m a bad parent”, “I’m fat”, “I’m stupid”, “I’m useless”, these are all lies that the evil one had convinced us to speak over ourselves.  We are a child of the one true King and nobody should speak ill of a child of God not even that child. We are loved and we are to love as he loves, and not just loving the world as he does but loving ourselves as he does. 

 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you that you love me more than I could ever understand and know, you are the one who pours life into me everyday. I thank you that you are my provider, you have given me everything I need and even things I want. You provide abundantly and exceedingly more than I deserve. I thank you that you are leading and guiding me, I ask for your discernment, help me to see where I’m going astray and help me to see the root causes of things in my life that we can come together against them that I can serve you more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment