Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Eyes wide shut.

 Reading: Proverbs 20-21, Psalm 11, and 1 Peter 4

 

Scripture: Proverbs 21:2, Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart. 

 

Thoughts: We all like to think we are right all the time, and that those who has different views then I do are wrong. Are we walking in our own way, or are we seeking to walk God’s path that he has laid before us. When we seek that path we are called to God is weighing our hearts and our motives. I grew up trying to bargain with God, if you do this for me, I will give up this or that. Maybe we all go through that age, or even have spent time thinking about God that way. I feel like we all at some point try to sacrifice enough to get something we think we need. When he looks into our hearts and sees all the things that we have hidden away from the world is he going to see what he call good and holy, or is he going to see this ugly mess that we have not allowed him to work out with us and can.  

 

Prayer: Father God you alone are worthy of all praise and honor, may your glory shine over this place. I thank you for your provisions and the blessings you are pouring out on us. I thank you for your molding and refining you are working in my life. I ask that you help me to see when I am seeking and walking in my own understanding and not seeking you in the situation that is going on. I ask your blessings on this nation that all who are in the government, I ask that they encounter you and see you in all they do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment