Saturday, February 26, 2022

I can do it my self!!!

Reading: Exodus 18-19 and Romans 8

Scripture: Exodus 18:13-14, The next day Moses sat to judge the people, and the people stood around Moses from morning till evening. When Moses’ father-in-law saw all that he was doing for the people, he said, “What is this that you are doing for the people? Why do you sit alone, and all the people stand around you from morning till evening?”

Thoughts: We have all had those moment when we say to someone or even just to ourselves, “I will just do it myself.” There are many situations where deciding to do it yourself is a valid options but most of the time when we say it is when someone it not doing something to your standards or fast enough for you. Just this weekend I spent my time doing little building projects with my kids. My 7-year-old daughter built a bird house, and my 5-year-old son built a wood racecar. There were lots of times where I wanted to take the hammer and nails away from them and just do it, because they didn’t know how, they are weaker and inexperienced in swinging a hammer, so they were very slow. If I would have taken over and just put them together, they would not be proud of these projects and they would not have learned anything. Moses was being the judge for Israel and not letting the people learn and grow but setting up the levels of judges and Moses was working himself into an early grave. We need to take the advice of Jethro and not take on every burden and every thing out there. Not only are we not called to carry the burdens of the world and do it all ourselves, along with our brothers and sisters in Christ, God has said that we are not going in alone we have Holy Spirit with us whom that Lord will channel his power through. 

Prayer: Father God, you are our wise councilor, you are the rally point, and the strength to overcome. I thank you that you are here with me every day, that you sent your son to pay the price that I can have the opportunity to walk with you as Adam once did. I thank you that you are here molding me and refining me into that man you have called. I thank you that you called the all and will equip those willing to step out and walk in that calling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment