Thursday, February 10, 2022

It is coming!!!

Reading: Genesis 37-38 and Acts 20

Scripture: Acts 20:22-23, And now, behold, I am going to Jerusalem, constrained by the Spirit, not knowing what will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and afflictions await me.

Thoughts: It has been my experience, and has been throughout the Bible that when we are given a direction and call from God, we tend to get of find opposition. When I heard God say to go pray for my aunt, I found all sorts of opposition within myself. Some were I had not talk to my aunt in years, I didn’t really feel like driving 300 mile one way, and it was a work day. Paul was set to go to Jerusalem and all along his trip everyone kept telling him that he was heading to prison and affliction. We may not be going to face imprisonment and affliction the way Paul did, but like Paul we have a calling to share the Gospel every were we go, and sometime we have a specific call like me to my aunt. I got to be a part of God healing my aunt because I listened despite all the thoughts and obstacles I saw. What have you been putting off and is it time to take that step? 

Prayer: Lord God you are the one who lead me and guides me. You own the cattle on a thousand hill, you created and love all, yet you still know me and the hairs on my head. I thank you that you are hear with me and leading me and guiding me. I thank you that you are molding and refining me every day. I thank you for you provisions and blessing that you pour out on us to steward. I thank you for the ability and opportunity to steward my family. I ask that you help me to continue to listen and walk the path you call me to. That you help me see the next steps as you promised when you said “I am the light to your path” 

No comments:

Post a Comment