Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Taken aside

Reading: Genesis 34-35 and Acts 18

Scripture: Acts 18:26, He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.

Thoughts: Later in the Bible we hear about an Apollos again in correlation with people arguing over who taught them and who was in the right. Here He was found teaching accurately yet only know the baptism of John, in his research he had not found the last pieces of information. Priscilla and Aquila took him aside and taught him so that he would have a full and accurate understanding. There are many times when I have been wrong or misinformed, and there are times where I have heard the inaccuracies of someone, the question is not who is in the right but how it is approached. Priscilla and Aquila took Apollos aside, they didn’t debate, or berate him publicly, they didn’t call him names or cancel him, they probably sat down with him over a meal and talked about the information they both had so that it can all be accurate. Are we having discussions about where our information is different or are we just pointing fingers and canceling one another? 

Prayer: Father God, you are the truth, and in you there is no falsehood. I thank you that you are leading us and guiding teaching us and giving us discernment. I ask that you continue to refine me and mold me into the man you call me to be. I ask that grant me the ability to communicate well and seek the truth that comes from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment