Saturday, February 5, 2022

Stop trubbling them!!!

Reading: Genesis 29-30 and Acts 15

Scripture: Acts 15:19-20, Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God, but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

Thoughts: So often we focus on the long lists of don’ts, the sins and temptations that we are to avoid as Christ followers. We all have sinned in one way or another, we all have baggage that we have brought into our relationship with God. James was reminding the early Christians that the burden of all the “laws” that had developed over the years since Moses received the law and even the law itself was unobtainable except by one person Jesus. It is easy to say stop sinning and come to church, but that is what drives so many people from the church. A quote that has been attributed to many, “A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.” We are to encourage and build up, we have been given the responsibility to be an iron that helps to sharpen others. Let us not just give a list of dos and don’ts but walk with our brothers and sisters in mutual growth. We are all in the same hospital we may have different afflictions, but we all have growth and healing to go through. 

Prayer: Lord God, you are the one who calls us and lead us. I thank you for that calling and the growth that you bring to us. I thank you that you are leading and guiding us, that you are molding and refining us every day. I ask that you help me to be the iron you have called me to be. Help me to be sharpened as I help sharpen others. Open my heart to your leading and help me to focus more on you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment