Sunday, February 6, 2022

Called into a new adventure.

Reading: Genesis 31 and Acts 16

Scripture: Acts 16:9-10, And a vision appeared to Paul in the night: a man of Macedonia was standing there, urging him and saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” And when Paul had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go on into Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.

Thoughts: I don’t know about you but it is easy for me to not listen when God is calling. In Pop culture there are many examples of people being called into this adventure or that destiny. Alex Rogan from The Last Starfighter, Ender Wiggin from Ender’s Game, and Luke Skywalker, all thrust into or call into this destiny. Paul had a Call in the form of a dream that a man from Macedonia was calling to come over there. Paul not only had a desire to go to what they called Asia at the time, to when he had the dream to go, it says that he “immediately sought to go”. When we hear God, are we excited and ready to head into the wild blue yonder that we have been called to or are we finding excuses that we can’t go? Are we saying equip me Lord I’ll go, here I am send me, or are we saying I can’t do that I’m not trained I don’t know how, I’m not able? We are called to a greatness in the kingdom of God, it will look different to each of us, we need to listen to God and his leading because we are called to save the World. 

Prayer: Father God, you are the one who leads and guides us, you know what is to come and what part we can play in overcoming the evil one. You own all things and allow us to steward your creation. I thank you that you are working in me, leading and guiding, molding and refining me. I ask that you help me to hear your voice and heed the calling that you are placing on my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment