Wednesday, February 9, 2022

I didn't know I didn't know

Reading: Genesis 36 and Acts 19

Scripture: Acts 19:2 And he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

Thoughts: Growing up I was part of a church that didn’t really teach on Holy Spirit or the spiritual gifts. I spent most of my life thinking of Holy Spirit as my super natural Jiminy Cricket that was to keep me from getting too far from God. In a way I was like these men who didn’t even know there was a Holy Spirit in that my understanding of him was not a full understanding. When we read the Word of God are we seeing the miracles and gifts in the early church and say well that was for them or are we walking in the gifts and authority that are promised in the scriptures. We have to make our own choices on if we are going to believe that these gifts and authorities apply to us today or not. I have seen miracles, and I have seen the proper uses of prophesy and tongues. I have also seen hokes and misuse of these gifts but when you hear Holy Spirit saying “Go Pray for that person.” and when you do you see that miracle it changes you as much as it changes those who were prayed for. 

Prayer: Father God, you have all authority, you have all power and all things are yours. I thank you that you call us to steward that authority and allow us to ask in your Son’s name for the miracles and wonders that you are calling us to. I thank you that you are continuing to grow me and prune me, shaping me into the man you called me to be. I thank you that you have allowed me to steward my family and the blessings you have for us. I ask that you continue to speak to my spirit and to my soul, lead me and guide me in all that I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment