Thursday, March 10, 2022

Called out

Reading: Exodus 38-39 and Luke 4

Scripture: Luke 4:33-34, And in the synagogue there was a man who had the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice, “Ha! What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God.”

Thoughts: I never noticed that this man with the unclean spirit was in the synagogue on the sabbath, in the presence of the awesome power of the Son of God, this spirit could not keep quiet and was compelled to yell at Jesus. There are many thoughts and beliefs throughout the global Church on the demons and spirits, I have seen manifestation of people who are being oppressed and tormented but something not of this world. Through out the Word we see time like this where spirits recognize and call out Jesus for who he is before he has made himself know. We need to be aware there is a spiritual world and it is a raging war. Let us not be caught too far to one side or the other, ether saying there are not spirits or daemons, or getting to the point where we are blaming everything that is bad on the daemons and spirits around us. 

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful. I thank you that you pour your spirit of discernment onto us, that you lead us and guide us. I thank you that you are molding me and refining me. I ask that you help us to have an open heart and mind to the leading of your spirit and the schemes of the evil one. I ask that you lead me and guide me all my days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment