Monday, March 28, 2022

What are you lacking?

Reading: Numbers 2 and Luke 22

Scripture: Luke 22:35, And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.”

Thoughts: I have been easily distracted by the extra finances that God has blessed my family with. We have had our ups and downs and have had times of plenty and times of scarcity, I feel like we just came out of a time of want into a time of plenty, and I am being asked to recall that I have lacked nothing even when I was off work for a couple months, we had more than enough. The next verses Jesus tells the disciples that now they can take extra money and swords because there is going to be adversity coming. When we are seeking God and walking out his plan there will be adversity, no matter if it is from a person or group apposing us or if we are finding ourselves with opportunities to be tempted or fall into sin, there will be something trying to stop us. That is why we need that sword. Let us always remember to take up the sword that God has given to us.

Prayer: Father God, you are the provider, you are the protector, you aren’t the one who owns it all and over comes it all. I thank you that you are taking care of us and that you are leading and guiding us. Thank you that you are molding and refining me into the man you have called. I still struggle and need your refining and the growth you have for me. I ask that you lead me in all that I do, help me to grow in my love for you and the strength to overcome the temptations that are surrounding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment