Tuesday, March 22, 2022

What have I done now,

Reading: Leviticus 20-21 and Luke 16

Scripture: Luke 16:15, And he said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

Thoughts: Jesus talking to the Pharisees, these religious elitists, telling them to stop judging themselves by others and by how good they present themselves because God knows everything they do in secret. It is the same for us, we present ourselves with perfect lives and we have it all together, we don’t make mistakes or fall down, just look at my Facebook and Instagram. No matter how pretty of a picture we paint for others to see, God still knows the mess we have made and the dark and dirty things in us. What are we hiding? Of those things in our live that are being hidden, who are trying to hide them from? We all have a purpose and are called to something greater that what we think we are capable of. Let us lay down those things that we are holding onto and find the release from the things we hold ourselves to and let God speak life into us. Let us stop looking to the world for acceptance and exaltation and seek the one who can raise up for eternity and not just for a fleeting moment.

Pray: Lord God, you are the one who leads us and guide us, you know the hairs on my head, the chains that I hold onto and the things I have burdened myself down with. I thank you that you are the light and that you are my strength, you are the power that flows through me and calls me into a greater authority. I thank you that you are working in me, you are molding me and refining me that I can be the man you have called me to. I ask that you help me to see the places in my life where I have things to let go of, places that need your help and strength to overcome. Help me to root our any lies that I have built my life on that I can grow in your truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment