Friday, March 11, 2022

The old is good?!?!?!?

Reading: Exodus 40, Leviticus 1, and Luke 5

Scripture: Luke‬ ‭5:38-39‬, But new wine must be put into fresh wineskins. And no one after drinking old wine desires new, for he says, “The old is good.”‭‬‬

Thoughts: As I read this morning, the saying here at the end of Luke 1 really stood out to me. “The old is good,” there is something in almost every one of us that says “I don’t like change,” the comfort of what we know can cloud us to the benefits of the opportunity that comes with change. I know in my life there are chains and strong holds that I struggle to let go and strive for the change that we are called to. In my strength I can do nothing I would sit and drink my old wine of sin and never know the grace and peace of the new wine of Jahovah Uzzi, The Lord my strength. Are we going to surrender our old wine and wineskin to the one who can give us the strength and power to overcome those strong holds and throw those chains away?

Prayer: Father God, you are my strength, you are my comfort in times of need and you own the cattle on a thousand hills. You are the provider of all things you lead and guide us, you give us the strength and abilities to overcome all adversity, even when it does not look like what I think it should. I thank you for all that you do, the provisions that you give us, the blessings you pour out on us, and the refining and molding you are doing in each of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment