Tuesday, August 8, 2017

August 8, 2017 You said What

Reading: Revelations 3, 1 Kings 13, 2 Chronicles 11 and Psalm 130

Scripture: 1 Kings 13:18, And he said to him, "I also am a prophet as you are, and an angel spoke to me by the word of the Lord, saying, 'Bring him back with you into your house that he may eat bread and drink water.'" But he lied to him.

Observation: How often do we get deceived or led astray by some new teaching or something shiny. I know I have many times. Shiny things look fun and sometimes they are fun for a time. The word says to watch out for wolves in sheep’s clothing. There will be people out there who look like they are God’s workers but they are just there to spread deceit and lead people away from God just enough. 

Application: My pastor over that last few weeks has been talking about prophecy and the Spiritual gifts and how they are used properly. Just like the Prophet from Judah we can be lied to and deceived by people who ether think they are doing the wright thing or by people who have been deceived themselves. As disciples of Christ we are to weigh these prophets and prophecies against the word of God and determine the validity of the prophecy. We need to never take anything as scripture unless it has been verified by scripture.


Prayer: Father you are the creator of all things and I stand in awe of the beauty around me. I thank you for the provisions you give us each day and even the blessings we don’t always need. I ask that you help us to discern when something is from you and when it is form some other source. Help us to see your love and direction and even give us words for others, open our hears to pour your love into others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment