Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August 1 2017, How long God

Reading: 1 John 3, Songs of Solomon 5-8 and Psalm 13

Scripture: Psalm 13:1, How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
1 John 3:1, See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 

Observation: These two verses stood out to me going hand in hand being that there have been times in my life where I have sinned and suck my head up my rear, and at those points I am feeling I am deep the first lines of Psalm 13 saying where are you and how long are you going to stay away. As I work back into a right relationship with God I see the love of God, and how he considers us his children. 

Application: One thing I have learned over the years is God does not go anywhere, we may feel the lack of his presence in our live but when we are in sin we have walked away from God’s presence. God has never and will never forget you or hide his face from us, we have turned from him. We need to turn from what we have been doing and seek God first in our lives, so the how long is dependent upon us and how stubborn we are chasing after what ever it is that is turning our heads from Christ. Some times we just need the reminder that we are God’s children and some times we hit rock bottom and that is when God shows us that he still wants to be in relationship with us and he will help us to come back to him. 


Prayer: Father I am in awe of you and how you can love me even when I walk away or fall flat on my face. I thank you for sending your son and providing a way to you. I thank you for your provisions every day and the blessings you pour out on us and the blessings you give us even when we don’t deserve them. I ask that you help me to walk in your love and not fall into lamenting about where you have gone or when I will see you again. I know you long to have us with you and we are the ones who cause the rift as you continue to call out to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment