Thursday, August 17, 2017

August 17, 2017 Hey when am I getting paid

Reading: Revelation 15-16, 2 Kings 5 and 2 Chronicles 20

Scripture: 2 Kings 5:26-27, But he said to him, "Did not my heart go when the man turned from his chariot to meet you? Was it a time to accept money and garments, olive orchards and vineyards, sheep and oxen, male servants and female servants? Therefore the leprosy of Naaman shall cling to you and to your descendants forever." So he went out from his presence a leper, like snow.

Observation: After doing God’s work and hearing his teacher refuse the payments offered for performing a miracle of healing Naaman’s leprosy Gehazi secretly went and got payment and then lied to his teacher about it. His punishment for seeking payment for what God intended to be free was to take on the affliction of the one healed. 

Application: There are many things that God give us the ability and the giftings to do. Some of these abilities are given so we can work and be blessed though work and earning finical compensation so we can take care of needs. Other abilities are just used for the kingdom, things such as teaching kids at church, greeting people as they come in, or working with the audio video teams to help the service run well. Most of the time these are not paid positions these are time where you get to serve God by serving others. We are not to seek payment for something God has called us to do for free. 


Prayer: Father your amazing power to over come all things amazes me and I stand in awe of you. I place my Family in your hands. I thank you for the giftings you have given me to do the things I do for you, I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help us to listen to your voice in what we are to seek payment for and to look to serve you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment