Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14, 2017 I don't want to hear it.

Reading: Revelation 12, 1 Kings 22 and 2 Chronicles 17

Scripture: 1 Kings 22:8, And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "There is yet one man by whom we may inquire of the Lord, Micaiah the son of Imlah, but I hate him, for he never prophesies good concerning me, but evil." And Jehoshaphat said, "Let not the king say so." 

Observation: How often do we hear things and just because it is something we don’t like we dismiss it or write it off just because we don’t want to believe it. Ahab didn’t like and the things that Micaiah was saying just because it was unfavorable.  

Application: When we get a word from God through a prophet, there are some things we need to do. First we need to hear it, I know that there have been many times I have not been listening to God. Next we need to weight it against scripture, So if you are not in the word and know what God’s voice sounds like and know what kings of things he would say you will have a hard time discerning if its God’s voice or some nut job. Finally keep track of the Words that are given to you one day you will be able to look back and see how God has fulfilled them.


Prayer: Father you are so wonderful I am amazed that you choose to speak to speak to us and sometimes though us. I thank you for all you have done in my life the family that you have given to me to take care of. I thank you for the provisions you give us we are never in need and I thank you for the blessings you give us so that we can bless others. I ask you to help us hear your voice and discern then what we hear is not from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment