Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August 16, 2017 Bring me another!!!!!!

Reading: Revelation 14 and 2 Kings 2-4

Scripture: 2 Kings 4:6, When the vessels were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another vessel." And he said to her, "There is not another." Then the oil stopped flowing. 

Observation: Elisha had told this widow to gather empty vessels and to pour the oil into them. When reading this I was thinking I would have filled my house with jars, pots and what ever I could find that would hold liquid, but how often does God tell us that he will take care of us and that he will give us a good portion shaken down and over flowing yet when we come to him we only bring a cup instead of a large bag. 

Application: Where I live the convenance store chain 7-Eleven some times does any container sale on their Slurpee, saying you can bring anything in and fill it with Slurpee for some low price. How many of us would go in and pay that price for a thimble full when we could take in a bucket and fill it for the same price. This widow only got as much oil as she had faith to collect vessels and we have a tendency to when leaning on God for our needs to come to him with a thimble when he wants to fill a storehouse. Matthew 7:2b, and the measure you use it will be measured to you. If you come to God with a measure of a thimble he will fill it shaken down and over flowing but he will do the same with the 55 gallon drum and the storehouse. 

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful and I am amazed at how you can overflow the large and small vessels in my life. I thank you for your provisions and the blessings you pour out on us. I thank you for and place all I have in your and including my family. I ask that you help increase my faith to bring larger measures to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment