Friday, October 30, 2015

October 30 2015 I'm a sinner are you?

Today’s Reading was Romans 3, Jeremiah 45-47, and Psalm 86
The Scripture that stuck out to me was Romans 3:22-24, “the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus”

Observations: I am currently reading a book called The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. This verse in Romans is a foundation to the gospel that Brennan teaches, The Gospel of Grace. The Gospel of Grace is that we are ALL sinners but though the gift of Christ we have been brought into right standing with God.

Application: In case you are like I was for so long saying, “I am a Christian I go to church, my family are Christians. I know God.” But truly not understanding what it means to be a Christian. Christian was explained to me this way, first we have the word Christ witch comes from the Greek for Anointed One Jesus was anointed. Then “ian” was to refer to the “children of” therefore as Christians we are “children of the Anointed One” in Ephesians 4:4-5 “But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.” We are adopted as sons and daughters of God. In being Children of God Romans 8:17 says, “and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.” Therefore as Children of the Anointed One, all of us Jew and Gentile alike (of witch I am the latter) have no distinction at all in Gods eyes though Jesus. We need to understand the gift of grace and as a Gift we need to accept it.


Prayer: Lord, I come before you and thank you for adopting me as a son and making me an heir with Jesus. I long for the day when I can see your face. I pray that everyone will be given the longing to go deeper into your word and seek you and find your love throughout your word and will see your great gift that you gave us through your son Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment