Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October 21 2015 "Who am I"

Today’s Reading was Acts 22 and Jeremiah 9&10
The scripture that stood out to me was Acts 22:27 So the tribune came and said to him, “Tell me, are you a Roman citizen?” And he said, “Yes.”

Observations: Paul a Roman Citizen knew the laws and customs of what the government could do to him. Later he attests to the fact that he was born a Roman as the Tribune had bought his way into the citizenship.  Also Paul knew who he was both in relationship to the government and God. As Paul knows who he is in the eyes of the government and God we need to know and understand that we also have a citizenship that is above the common. In Ephesians 1:5 “he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,” This is telling us though Jesus we have been Adopted into the Kingdom of heaven.

Application: We need to accept the gift of that adoption and claim the new citizenship and all the perks that come with. We are to live as citizens of our new home. I have come to like the phrase “Not Of This World” it reminds me that I’m just a sojourner here and just passing though and I nee to keep God and my home as my primary focus.


Pray: Lord, help us to focus on where we are adopted into and there our home is now. You have great blessings in store for each of us and we just need to open ourselves and see you and your kingdom. We thank you for the blessings that you have already poured out on us and say thank you in advance of those on their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment