Friday, October 23, 2015

October 23 2015 Where are you inclining your heart to?

Today’s reading was Acts 24, Jeremiah 13 & 14 and Psalm 141
The Scripture that stood out to me today was Psalm 141:4 Do not let my heart incline to any evil, to busy myself with wicked deeds in company with men who work iniquity, and let me not eat of their delicacies!

Observation: To me this was a cry of my heart like it was a cry of David’s I don’t want to be going after evil things and let wicked things get you unfocused from the things of God.

Application: It is so easy to let the things of this world distract us and get our focus off of God. Starting at the end of the verse with “let me not eat of their delicacies” I feel that this is talking about the pleasures of sin. Sin is pleasurable for a time like a decadent meal it is good wail it lasts but once you are done with that meal you are back to your normal things. God does not say we can’t enjoy that pleasures of this world but we are to do it in a way not to sin. That is where the first section comes in of seeking God and not letting our hearts incline or go after evil or do things with people who do things we are called out of. We will have a Microphone in the life of people who do what we did, but we are not to go back to doing that after being raised up called out.


Prayer: Lord, help us to incline out hearts only to you and seek your daily. We thank you that you have given us such a great beautiful world to live in and enjoy every day we just ask your holy spirit to touch us so that we can know what to walk away from and when to talk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment