Saturday, October 17, 2015

More blessed then I know.

Recently we have started the process of buying a house. When we started we had a list of things that we wanted and started looking for a place and we would find townhouses and condos in our price range we could afford, but we wanted a house a place for your family to grow. Having such a hard time finding something we started thinking maybe we would have to stay in our apartment and deal with the struggle of apartment living for another year. As we struggled we continued to pray for the things we wanted.

As we relinquished our home to God, I happened to find this house in the small town I grew up in. In the pictures it looked to be everything we were looking for and started thinking that this would be to good to be true. The house was a little more then we were thinking. The day I found the house online I drove by the house seeing that it was perfect for our little family I got my wife to contact our realtor so we could go look at the home.

When we came to look we found the pictures did do it justice and the house was everything we expected it to be. We fell in love with this little house and immediately we started praying over this house and the family that lived there as we went and wrote up an offer. The next day they asked for another day because they had promised someone that they could come look at the house. That day we wrote a letter to the sellers letting them know about us and what we would hope to do in this home if the accept our offer and what it would mean to us.

The next day we received a letter in response, accepting our offer and we started the process of getting the inspections and having repairs and things done. Though out this process we found that this family were also believers. One of the first things that we saw that helped us to know that this was God's will for us was a verse we had made pivotal in our wedding was decoratively displayed on the wall by the front door. The verse is Joshua 24:15 "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord."

We have now been in this home for a few months trying to adjust to new schedules and new bills when my student loan payment increased, other  bills were higher then expected and we didn't know how we were doing to pay our bills when a friend asked if I was interested in a job that would put me in a way back into the industries that I left after going to school. I thought why not I have always enjoyed working with my hands and I have not been enjoying my work after being moved to a position I didn't want.

So just as things got tight enough that I though about reducing how much we give to the church to get by, we resolved to not reduce it and we would figure it out as it comes. The Lord paced this job before me and blessed us with a job where I will be making $3/hour more then what i had been making, cut my driving distance in half, and gave me a schedule that allows me time with my family and more time to serve and fellowship with those around me. On top of these blessings that we can see and measure we also know that he has been making things last longer then normal and protecting us from the evil one.

We are standing with out mouths wide open expecting more and knowing that we can never out give God so as we have been blessed we do our best to bless others. Let us all feed and tend the sheep around us, we are called to be that light to the world, God has given us this home He is welcome here and we want to be sure that his people are welcome as well and not just the saved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment