Sunday, October 18, 2015

October 18th 2015

Today’s reading was Acts 19 and Jeremiah 3&4.
SOAP= Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer
If you would like to read along I am reading the first two sections of the OSL reading plan. One day in the future I may start doing all three sections. I just encourage you to get into the Word daily if the word is not being read then how can your spirit connect to God. 

The scripture that popped out to me today was Acts 19:23b “there arose no little disturbance concerning the Way.”

My Observation was: I love the way the author of Acts described this riot in Ephesus, “no little disturbance” as we continue to read we find that this Demetrius guy got everyone in an uproar and many of them had no clue what was going on. This entire thing was started by a man afraid of loosing his livelihood because of someone (Paul) was telling people that their gods were not gods. Paul was spreading the good news of grace and forgiveness known then as “The Way” and this was how to be saved and go to heaven.

My application was: we can expect “no little disturbance” if we are doing what God calls us to do. There will be those who will see the truth and fallow The Way and others that will appose us and many who don’t know that they are for or against, and are just there because there is a riot to be apart of.  As writing this I was reminded of a song from 1995 by the artist Carman called R.I.O.T Righteous Invasion of Truth. We are called to start riots by invading this world with the truth of God’s love.


Lord Help us to speak boldly and have the strength to keep speaking out when the world comes against me, help us create a riot for you Lord that can not be contained.

No comments:

Post a Comment