Wednesday, March 19, 2014

School

Over the last couple years as I have been working on finishing a degree (that I felt called to finish) I always thought ok I will have my Bachelors and then God will give me direction and I would go and do my service. Here I am at the end of this program down to the next 6-8 weeks of school and then graduation. WOW I have made it I’m down to the end of it and then off to work. Of course not, it’s not always that simple when it comes to God’s plan in our lives. John 3:8 say, “The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” Being born of the spirit we need to be a leaf on that breeze listening to God and his direction for our lives.

This is so true where I am standing now on the edge of a cliff waiting to know what way I will be blown. As I come to the end of this program at school I look around and say “I can go to work for a big firm like Nike or Intel, I can try to find work in the non-profit and missions field, or I can spend another couple years and get my Masters. I have seen how each has its merits. Getting on with one of the fortune 500 companies in the aria could lead to good pay comfortable life where my wife could be the stay at home mother as we hope to have children one day. Finding work in the non-profit world could allow me to have my loans written off if I stay long enough in that world whether it is secular or spiritual non-profit. Finally the scariest of all the options, go to school to get my Masters. This option is filled will all kinds of hows and the thoughts about what about getting out and doing the work I thought I was to go do.

As I pack and pull all the things I need for my trip to Mexico to build more homes with Amor Ministries I find myself thinking Maybe I am doing God’s work as I go to school and look at what is going on in my life and family God may have options and doors that I have not seen or know are there yet. I ask those of you who pray to please pray with me and my wife are we seek God’s direction, to close and open the doors around us to so to best fulfill the plan of the Lord.


God Has provided ways for us to survive this time that I have been in school thus far and I know that He will continue to provide for the things we need. But I also know that God uses us to fulfill the needs of those around us as well. We must be open to the big calling to reach the world without neglecting those closest to us who may have needs, be it spiritual or physical if we can fulfill it and share God’s love then love your neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment