Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Midnight Work

 This morning I felt that I should mention that this blog is results to one of those Breeze and 2x4 moment. Most nights I sleep though the night with maybe the occasional trip to the restroom to interrupt my sleep. Through encouragement from some of my friends I started the habit of if I wake up in the middle of the night I will pray about anyone or anything that comes to mind. Many times that this happens I pray for a time and return to sleep. Monday morning was one of those nights where I woke and started praying.

I woke about midnight noticing it was not the restroom calling that woke me but God. I spent the better part of two hours praying and seeking God, His direction for my life after school, where my family and I are to serve and in what capacity. Also I spent time praying over my sleeping wife and about others that came to mind. After giving some advice to some friends the phrase the breeze and the 2x4 had been stuck in my head and I remember telling a few others about it after I had first used it.

After those couple hours praying I had the urge to go write. Never really being one to have a journal of any sort or wanting to write anything other then what I needed for school I felt the need to write. Thinking of others around me who have blogs of varying types, I felt that a blog was the form that it should take. I also thought that being that my wife and I fell called to server around the world this would give me a forum where I can share the experiences God has in store for me.

I truly know that this wakeup call in the middle of that night was from the Lord. The human side of me told me to just go back to bed but being that I listened, I was up starting at midnight until after my class at Multnomah, which cased me to be up until about 10:30 that night. God gave me the strength to not only wake up and write but also to go to class for four hours interact and contribute to class before riding my motorcycle home.


I don’t know if this would be a breeze or a 2x4 but God will give you the ability to work the plan he has for you, just keep listening and watching. I have to thank a good friend who reminded me that 1Kings 19:11-13 also shows how God can use a breeze or a 2x4 or in Elijah’s case a whisper and a earthquake to prove a point.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this Joe! It helps me see what man married my friend...love you!
    And we r praying for your future too!

    ReplyDelete