Saturday, March 22, 2014

On the road


On the road to Mexico to build a couple houses for some families in need. 

This morning as my wife and I made out way to the church to meet up with our entire team and start the slow drive to Mexico we read through Mark chaper 6 and something that stood out to me this morning as I'm going was when Christ call his disciples he told them not to bring anything except their walking stick. It's amazing how much stuff fifty people bring and how much food we need for only a week away from home. And Jesus said don't bring extra clothes or shoes, and don't bring money or provisions. 

We think so many times that before we go and do God's work we have to be trained and prepare ourselves for what we are to go do. Jesus didn't call the learned and the equipped, he call those willing to go. We need to open ourselves to God equipping those who are willing to go. I know that God called me to go back to school and finish what I started, in doing so I am being equipped for something larger then I know. I still feel that I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going so all I can do is continue to seek after The Lord and train for the trial I'm not yet in. 

After getting on the bus and enjoying the company of my fellow travelers some put music on, others napped, and some spent time in the word. As I read in John chapter 8 I came to where The Jews were claiming to be children of Abraham. As Christ said that if you were children of Abraham that you would be doing what he did not what their fathers did. What Abraham did was be faithfull and trust God's promises. 

We are to trust that God is faithful to fulfill the promises he has given us in his word. As adopted children in the family of God we are to be doing the work that the father has for us. I don't think I'm equipped to do anything, but I feel that is how he works so that he gets the glory. We are to be mirrors reflecting the love of God, I feel the best way to share God's love is to fulfill needs of those around you. Go and love those around you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment