Monday, October 31, 2022

Are you a Man of War or are you just playing?

Reading: Jeremiah 48-49 and Romans 4

Scripture: Jeremiah 48:14, How do you say, ‘We are heroes and mighty men of war’?

Thought:  As I was reading about judgment of Moab and all the things the Jeremiah was saying they did or didn’t do the passage above stuck me. We are given the Armor of God when we come onto the covenant with God that is offered though the death and resurrection, and as a kid in the church I sang about being in the Lords Army. Yet are we truly fighting in that Army are we claiming hero and men of war even though we are sitting back watching the fighting, or worse have are eyes closed and don’t see or acknowledge the fighting. We are in a war and yes God has already won that war but we still need to do our part and fight our battles in that war. Are we surrounding ourselves with brothers and sisters in Christ that can come beside us and fight in that Foxhole with us or are we surrounding ourselves those who maybe unknowingly work for the enemy. Are you a Man of War or are you just playing?

Prayer: Father God, you are the one worth fighting for, you are the King of kings and the Lord of lords. I honor and praise you laying my life before you. I thank you that you are leading and guiding us, that you mold us and refine us every day leading us into a fuller understanding of you and your love. I ask that you help me to step out of my comfort zone and speak your word to those around me, help me to be a light in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment