Sunday, October 30, 2022

Teach me

Reading: Jeremiah 45-47, Psalm 86, and Romans 3 

Scripture: Psalm 86:11-12, Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.

Thoughts: As I read this psalm of David, this man who had been promised the kingdom and anointed king, seeking God, and asking to be taught and to have his heart united with God’s heart. Are we diving into the word and seeking after the Father every day? Are we seeking for the outpouring of his wisdom in our lives? Do we want our hearts broken for what breaks the heart of the Lord or are we too focused on the world around us and the spiraling whirlwind of the of this fast-paced society? Let us slow down just a bit and just for a wile that we can get in the word, sit in His presence and ask Him to teach us and fill us with his love. 

Prayer: Father God, maker of all things, I honor you, I love you and I thank you for all that you do. I thank you that you give me the strength to get up and have this time with you. I thank you for the provision and blessing you are pouring out on us every day. I thank you that you are refining me and molding me into that vessel you have called me to be. I ask that you help me to grow deeper in understanding and wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment