Tuesday, October 11, 2022

What are your high places?

Reading: 2 Kings 21, 2 Chronicles 33, Psalm 75, and Acts 12

 

Scripture: 2 Chronicles 33:16-17, He also restored the altar of the Lord and offered on it sacrifices of peace offerings and of thanksgiving, and he commanded Judah to serve the Lord, the God of Israel. Nevertheless, the people still sacrificed at the high places, but only to the Lord their God.

 

Thoughts: Reading this passage about the different kings and how they either were for God or not I thought this was interesting. When Manasseh reigned he cleared the idols our of the city and restored the altar of God but the people still went to the high places. Going to the high places was one of the ways the other gods were worshiped. The people were holding onto traditions and practices that did not honor God. Today we do the same sort of things, we may not have these places of worship that were dedicated to other gods the way the people of God did but we have things in our lives that surround us every day that the Bible tells us to avoid. There are groups out there that all things are permissible even when the Word of God speaks against it. We all have to make a choice on where we come down on each and every topic and how we are going to walk through this world. Seek discernment from the Lord and God will reveal to you his heart in the situations of your life. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you are the creator of all things, your grace and mercy is abundant. I thank you that you called me into your family that you forgave me and adopted me. I thank you that you gave me the abilities that have gotten me to where I am today and that you are molding and refining me into the man you have called me to be. I ask the you help me to see your truth and your ways, help me to recognize and walk in your ways. I ask that you help me to overcome the temptations of the evil one and be strengthened in your love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment