Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Who you talking to???

Reading: Jeremiah 1-2 and Acts 18

 

Scripture: Acts 18:6, And when they opposed and reviled him, he shook out his garments and said to them, “Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.”

 

Thoughts: I know that I have been guilty of the mindset of I just need to invite someone to church then it is the pastors job to get them to come to Christ. Yes that can work and people can come to know God through a pastor, but we are not called to just drag people in off the street and expect that what ever the sermon that week is, that it causes this person that was come to Christ. It says that’s Paul taught every sabbath meaning he was there for an extended period of time, but it goes one to say the that after he was opposed he shook out his sandals said “Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.” How often are we truly living out the great commission and sharing Christ with the world around us or are we just dragging people in to try to get the pastor to do that work. I know that my biggest fear is that I would fail or look stupid when sharing the gospel. Are we letting our fears keep us from sharing the gospel, and when we do fail, then we fail and we move on, shake the dust out of our shoes and hair, get up and speak the word again. No matter when or how we fail it is not on us as Paul said “Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent.” It is not up to us to convince someone they need Christ but we are to share Him with all. 

 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you for my voice, I thank you for the ability to speak and share what you have done in my life. I thank you that you are working in my life, growing and strengthening me every day. I thank you for the opportunity to steward the provisions you have given to me. I ask that you help me to walk in your ways, to spread your word to those around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment