Sunday, November 4, 2018

November 1 Kryptonite 15


Reading: Jeremiah 21, 24, 27, Psalm 33, Romans 5, and Killing Kryptonite Chapter 15

Thoughts:  "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” Jesus (John 8:31b-31a) Through God’s gift and love shown in the death and resurrection of his Son we have been set free. The ability to get to heaven is a perk in comparison to the freedom that God granted us. In our power we can not over come any of our sins. The sins deceive us and convince us that what we are doing is ok. For me is was not here go this other direction completely it was its ok that you aim is a little off don’t focus on it. Over time I found myself doing things I would have never done if I was presented with that option right off. I have been set free and I walk in that freedom. There are times that the consciences of what I did come back to me and cause me to stumble but we are free. When we abide and meditate on the Word we will be set free. Meditation has been given such a bad connotation over the years with the new age way of centering and grounding one self. The best way I have seen meditation is when it is explained by with a visual. Mediating on the Word is like a cow, goat, or more Biblical a sheep chewing the cud. Chewing the cud is when an animal will sit and chew on the same food for a long, long time, that is how we are to be with the Word. We are to chew on it go over it get every bit of nutrition out of it then go over it again. In that kind of meditation on the right things the things of this world, will fall behind us. Just as if we look at the sun we see no shadows, if we keep our eyes on the Son the shadows of this life will not be seen.  

Prayer: Father, You are so wonderful. I thank you for sending your Son so that I can have the opportunity to know you and come into your love. I thank you for the provision we get from you each day and the blessing that you have for us. I thank you for your guidance and the plan you have for me and my family. I ask that you help me to walk in your freedom and your strength. 


No comments:

Post a Comment