Sunday, January 15, 2023

You can mock me later!!!

Reading: Job 20-21 and John 15

Scripture: Job 21:2-3, Keep listening to my words, and let this be your comfort. Bear with me, and I will speak, and after I have spoken, mock on.

Thoughts: When we get confronted with opposing points of view or someone with a different opinion from our own. I know that I have this tendency to take it as an attack on who I am. So, do we sit down and let the view be spoken or are we quick to jump in with our rebuttal before the controversial or opposing view has been fully stated. Do we actually listen before we speak or are we coming up with what we are going to say as they are speaking? Job sitting here listening to the mocking of himself and God finally speaks up and what does he said, “Hold on and listen to me before you start you mocking again.” He did not tell them to shut up, but that they had their time and now it is his. I feel like there are times that I’m needing to be reminded to sit and listen to God. I hear something from God and because we only hear and see in part once I hear something, I feel like I need to respond. God is not always done speaking when I feel the need to interrupt him and start putting my two cents in. Not only is active listening good when you are in a conversation with people, but it is good when trying to listen to God. 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you that you hear us and listen to us even when we are off base and running after things that may not be for us. I thank you that you are always there to lead us and guide us. I thank you the you are refining and molding us every day. I ask that you help us to quiet ourselves, open our hearts and ears to hear all of what you have for us. I ask that you help us to be quick to listen and slow to speak. 

1 comment: