Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Why are you talking to me???

Reading: Genesis 6-8 and John 4

Scripture: John 4:9, The Samaritan woman said to him, “How is it that you, a Jew, ask for a drink from me, a woman of Samaria?” (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.)

Thoughts: We as Gentiles are seen nearly as low as the Samaritans and if you were a woman in that time you, we not seen as much, yet Jesus asked her for a drink. Before truly knowing God and the gift of Christ’s forgiveness I felt just as unworthy and unclean and probably asked a similar question. Why would God want to be in a relationship with me when schools and pears have tried to beat into me all the inadequacies? God does not look at what we have done or where we have been but calls us to come into relationship with Him. As we spend more time with Him and in His Word seeking Him the more, we want to change.   

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful, your creation cries of your existence and your wonder. I thank you for all you have done for me and through me. I thank you that even though I do not deserve anything you still call to me and welcome me into your family. I ask that you help me to hear when you say go and when you say stop that I can walk in your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment