Friday, December 10, 2021

What Rights?!?

Reading: Daniel 9-10, Psalm 50, and Hebrews 2

Scripture: Psalm 50:16-17, But to the wicked God says: “What right have you to recite my statutes or take my covenant on your lips? For you hate discipline, and you cast my words behind you.

Thoughts: We are Matthew 7:20 that we will know a tree by its fruit, just like being able to know apple, pear, and orange trees apart by the appearance of their fruit, by what we produce and what those around us produce we will see where their hearts are. Then in the Psalm today I was reminded of all those whom we see claiming the benefits and the covenants and yet we watch them produce fruit that does not reflect that what they are claiming. There are those in all stages of their walks with God and we are all saved by grace, but we are also all called to bear fruit in accordance with the gifts and calling on our lives. When we are walking in the Lord and striving to be more like him, the fruit will reflect those of Galatians 5:22-23 and less like the works of the flesh in verse 19-21 of the same chapter. We need to be aware and decerning of the fruit that we are being tossed into a salad with, when some ones rotten stuff gets in with the fruit God is working in me the hole things gets contaminated. Just because some one knows the Bible does not mean that they are doing God’s work. Let us seek not to just recite the statutes and covenants but to seek after God in a way that we can be a part of those statutes and covenants. 

Prayer: Father God, you are above all things, you own the cattle on a thousand hills and you know the hairs on my head. I thank you that you are leading me and guiding me. I thank you that you are molding and refining me that my fruit is more of you and less of me. help, me to reflect who you are and grow into the man you have called me to be. Open my eyes and pour your discerning spirit upon us that we can walk in the light and not be distracted by the darkness around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment