Thursday, December 16, 2021

Called for such a time

Reading: Zachariah 7-9, Psalm 25, Hebrews 8, and 1 Peter 2

Scripture: 1 Peter 2:21, For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

Thoughts: Peter here was talking about the call that each of us are called to, the great commission. We are called to do good and spread the Gospel yet there will be those who will suffer for it. Just like in Ester we are each called to such a time as this were we are to stand for something. When we are not willing to stand and not willing to take the suffering that may come for standing for what the Bible teaches where else are we going to compromise. I would like to say there is nothing anyone could do or threaten that would cause me to step back from my stance on who God is and my belief in Him and His Son Jesus the Christ and Messiah. I stand with my Savior and in the teachings of His word, read the Bible every day and meditate on it. 

Prayer: Father God, you are the beginning and the end, you know what is to come and the strife that is coming for us. I thank you that you give us a discerning spirit that leads us and guides us as we walk in this world and strive to not be of this world. I thank you that you are leading and guiding me, that you are molding and refining me to be the man you have called me to. I ask for your strength and perseverance to overcome my own fears and trepidations as I strive to walk out your will. Give me the strength to stand firm in the face of great suffering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment