Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Light and dark, hate and love

Reading: Nehemiah 9-10 and 1 John 2

 

Scripture: 1 John 2:9-11, Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

 

Thoughts: In a world of extreme connection we see many of the things in this world that were once a local issue. Yes, we all have biases that were taught to us by those around us. Over the last several years we have empowered the victims to the point that nothing is wrong and if I don’t accept everything thing someone thinks makes me a bigot. John is reminding us that we need to not only be the light but live in the light, where we will love those whom we disagree with. We are allowed to disagree and we are given the word of God and Holy Spirit to recognize and discern sin. Not to condemn or judge because the is not our job that is God’s job. Are we walking in the light or because of biases or racist tendency are we walking in the dark. No matter who you are or what you have done you are loved but if there is unrepented sin in your life that will cause separation from God. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you know me, you know my victories and my failures, you know the hairs on my head and the days of my life. I thank you that you are pouring your love and peace over us, I thank you that you are always molding and refining me. Put me through the fire to remove the impurities in my life help me to grow in my relationship with you and be the father and husband I am called to be. Open the doors that need to be opened and close those that will distract from your plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment