Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9, 2017 I am a Ragamuffin!!!!!!!

Reading: Acts 10 and Isaiah 62-64

Scripture: Acts 10:15-16, And the voice came to him again a second time, "What God has made clean, do not call common." This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.

Observation: I struggle so much with calling things that God has called clean, common mostly me. I struggle with seeing myself in a way that God does. I look at all my faults and all the places where I have fallen hard on my face. I can relate to something Brennan Manning said in his book “The Ragamuffin Gospel” in this Quote he is speaking from a history of Alcoholism (not one of my personal struggles) but he said “When I get honest, I admit I am a bundle of paradoxes. I believe and I doubt, I hope and get discouraged, I love and I hate, I feel bad about feeling good, I feel guilty about not feeling guilty. I am trusting and suspicious. I am honest and I still play games. Aristotle said I am a rational animal; I say I am an angel with an incredible capacity for beer.” 

Application: Pete was shown though the sheet of food and God speaking to him about making all things clean, and though that seeing God’s longing got the Gentiles to know him. These people are no longer excluded from God’s love because of who there fathers were or where they were born. The good news is there is nothing we can DO to earn God’s grace. I need daily reminders that even with my incredible capacity for things not of God I’m Still loved by him and still apart of his family.


Prayer: Father I thank you for all that you have done for me and the offer of salvation though your son. I thank you for my family and I lay them at your feet. I thank you for the provisions and blessing you pour out on us and ask that you help me to see myself and others as you see them, as your creation and beloved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment