Tuesday, October 24, 2017

October 24, 2017 Sent before governors and kings

Reading: Acts 25, Jeremiah 15-16 and Psalm 10

Scripture: Acts 25:23, So on the next day Agrippa and Bernice came with great pomp, and they entered the audience hall with the military tribunes and the prominent men of the city. Then, at the command of Festus, Paul was brought in.

Today I felt more compelled to talk about the fact that so far in his current prison stay he has spoken regularly to two different governors and not they are preparing to take him to Rome to talk to the Emperor. During this prep time the regional king Agrippa comes in to hear what he has to say. So often I discount myself in saying who am I to go before anyone to speak anything. 

I am a 4th-6th grade Sunday school teacher who falls on my face screwing up, I’m not eloquent almost every time I get up to share something I cry through it. I don’t know whats next, but what I do know is my life is a miracle I recently found out the I have a Birth defect called a Bochdalek hernia that is fatal to about 60% of infants with it and he rarely found in adults except in an autopsy. God’s hand has been on my life for over 3 and a half decades protecting me. Paul was able to speak to governors kings and the emperor and he was someone who helped the Jewish leaders in that day to track down and murder those who fallowed Christ. 

We don’t know who God will place you before to share your story and the gospel with or how it will affect the world but all we can do is open ourselves to the leading of the Holy Spirit and take the steps that he places before us.


Father I am in awe that you use even a donkey and is you can use a donkey to speak your truth then I know you can use me. I thank you that you are always leading and calling encouraging us to get back up after falling and chasing after things of the world. I thank you for your provisions and blessings. I ask that you help us to seek your will more and open our ears to heat from you more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment