Monday, November 14, 2022

The same always and forever!

Reading: Ezekiel 17-18, Psalm 20 and Galatians 2

Scripture: Ezekiel 18:25-27, Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear now, O house of Israel: Is my way not just? Is it not your ways that are not just? When a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice, he shall die for it; for the injustice that he has done he shall die. Again, when a wicked person turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he shall save his life.

Thoughts: I have heard many talk about the God of the Old Testament and how He is wrathful and seen as one who would smite you with little cause, and in the New Testament it is peace and forgiveness and mercy. Yet here in Ezekiel God is pointing out just how much mercy can grace he had even before Jesus came. It was said earlier in the chapter that the iniquities of the father or the son would not be held against the other. Here in 25-27 Ezekiel talks about how when someone turns from their righteousness to do evil their good will be forgotten yet when someone in their wickedness turns to righteousness, they will save their life. Before Christ’s sacrifice that permanently opened the door to having a right relationship with God there would have been laws and sacrifices that would have to have been observed but God was still willing to let those who repented and turned from their wicked ways to be saved. God has always been Just and Merciful but are we walking in it?

Prayer: Father God, you are mercy and grace, you are justice. I thanks you that you sent your Son to be victory over the evil one. I thank you that you are using all things to draw me close and to mold me and refine me into the man you have called me to be. I ask that you help me to walk in your mercy and grace, to shine your light into this dark world. You are the way the truth and the life and I seek your help to walk in that every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment