Monday, April 30, 2018

Miracles Happen even to the least of us.

I have been in church most of my life I spent time running from God in different ways and different times. About 6 years ago God drew me back, during these past few years God has done some amazing things in my life. I felt lead to return to school, in witch I was able to get my Bachelors. God lead me to a woman who has changed my life and encouraged me though the years of school and the ups and downs of employment.

For several years I have had some discomfort and shortness of breath, that I thought was just getting older and the fact that I am an ex-smoker. After seeing something odd on a chest x-ray for pneumonia I was ordered a CT. About 6 months ago I had a consultation with my Doctor about my CT scan from last week to discover I had a Bochdalek hernia. This type of hernia is a Birth Defect and has a relatively high infant Mortality rate and is almost never found in adults except in post mortem examinations. After consulting with a few other doctors there was no clear consensus on if it was the Bochdalek or a more common type but no matter the kind of hernia I had been living with it for many years even since childhood being I have had issues breathing when running even when I was a child now that I really look back. When I met with the surgeon they told me that I would need to loose 25LB so that it would reduce some of the risk factors in the surgery.

Recently when attending a Men’s Retreat my church puts on every year, on Saturday during the evening session there was a call for people needing healing. There was a large group of men who came to the alter for healing. During the worship and prayer time after the healings happened, I could feel something moving or changing in my gut. I was skeptically optimistic, being that I was raised in a church where miracles and healings are not talked about much if at all. Over the next few days I started paying attention to things as I went about doing the cleanup at the retreat and coming home. On the Monday following the retreat I was sitting on the floor putting shoes on one of my children and I didn’t have the breathing issue I normally did, at that point I told my wife “I think I was healed.” After work that day having dinner at my parents house we were playing in the back and I picked up my son and ran around the yard, something I had never been able to do, if I was carrying anything I wad get winded to the point I would have to stop and sometime would put me into a coughing fit that would make it even harder to breath.

Miracles happen every day, little ones like the sun rising for another day. On that day God though the hands of men some I know well and others only in passing gathered around me and many other men praying for healing. I know in my heart and in how I feel that this hernia has been sealed and everything is now working into it’s proper place. I am working on still loosing the 25LB so that when I go to the doctor they can take another scan and see there is no issue and have irrefutable proof that God is a healing God and a miracle working God, and ALL His Promises Are YES and AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment