Monday, April 2, 2018

April 2, 2018 Straw and stone


Reading: 1 Corinthians 3 and Numbers 8-10

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 3:12-13, Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.

Thoughts: I have remembered this passage before in conversation and had used it as a illustration not remembering that it was a passage from the Word. How we were talking about it was once we become followers of Christ we have this firm foundation and the things we do in our walk are what each of our bricks are made. I know that there are some straw bricks built into my structure but I also know that there are some precious ones in there. I struggle with the thoughts of if I have put more straw or more stones. I know that threw God’s grace and love some of those things I thought were straw are stones and hold fast and some of the things I just thought of as stones or pillars in my life could be as precious as the finest gem. We will all one day face the fire that will reveal what is behind the beautiful facade that we used to hide all the straw bricks in our lives.

Prayer: Father I am in awe of how you work in our lives and the fact that you can use even me. I thank you for your daily provisions and the blessings that you pour out on us each day. I pray that I hear your voice and the direction for my day that you have for me and that I follow through adding another stone that you can make precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment