Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Toiling under the Son

Reading: 1 Kings 11, Ecclesiastes 1, and 1 John 4

 

Scripture: Ecclesiastes 1:3, What does man gain by all the toil at which he toils under the sun?

 

Thoughts: When we first meet some one of of the first things we ask is, “What do you do for a living?” We are focused on that the toil under the sun is for one another. I have been binge watching all the seasons of Survivor and on day one they are always showing people asking names and occupations. Yes our jobs are a big part of how we spend time, but that is not who we are. In Ecclesiastes it starts off saying Vanity of vanity all is vanity then jumps right into walking about what does a man gain from his toil. So where is our focus, is it our job, our family, or the one who gave us all those things. Are we just toiling under the sun or are we going to toil under the Son?

 

Prayer: Lord God, you are the creator of all things and the giver of all things. I thank you that you see me and know me, that you knew me in my mothers womb. I thank you that you are calling me even when I don’t fell worthy of that call. I ask that you help me to walk in your plan and that my toiling brings honor to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment