Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Practice makes .....

Reading: Job 13-14 and John 12

Scripture: John 12:49-50, For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.

Thoughts: This morning I was reading Moments with You by Denis and Barbra Rainey, and in todays Devotion they talked about writing a deed to your life and signing it over to God, and in doing so that we need to work on being selfless and when we sign it all over to God we work on doing all things that would show his authority in our lives. Then at the end of chapter 12 Jesus says he is only speaking and doing what the father say and does. When we take the time to release our selfish desires and seek the Father and listen to him, we start acting more like the Father. Yes, we will mess up, Yes, we will fall back into our selfishness, but with practiced listening and choosing God and His ways we will less often fall into those temptations. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you. (Matt 6:33) 

Prayer: Father God you are the one who created it all, your grace and mercy abounds. You own the cattle on a thousand hills and you know the hairs on my head. I thank you that you are molding and refining me every day. In this time of change from one year to another, from one job to another, and from one way of thinking to another, I ask that you lead me and guide me, I ask that you help me to find the rhythm of life and that you are remaining my focus, and any place where you are being replaced in my priorities be put into it’s proper place and that you are the first in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment