Sunday, August 2, 2020

August 2, 2020 What rope are you apart of?

Reading: Ecclesiastes 2-4, 1 John 5, Luke 17

Scripture: Ecclesiastes 4:12, And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Thoughts: My wife and I used this passage in our wedding, so this has some meaning to us in the rope each if us being a cord (God, my wife, and myself). With a couple pieces of three strand rope we also tied a fisherman’s knot that is to tighten as it gets pulled on. During this pandemic and times of protests and riots, who is your core? Who are you leaning on and being folded together with to withstand and stand up to the evil in this world. Living in a fallen world we need to be apart and grafted into that threefold cord. In a time where we are not able to come together as we once did we need to come together and have community. In the early days of the church the church got scattered and here we are scattered again let us come together to be the church beyond the 4 walls of the building.

Prayer: Father you are the great healer and shepherd, you lead us to green pastures and protect us. I thank you for your guidance and support, I thank you for my wife and the reminders that she brings to me. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out on us. I ask that you help us to strengthen that threefold cord and lean into your strength and understanding in these odd times. Place on the hearts of all that you are the answer and that your love is the only way to overcome the hate and fear that is being spread in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment