Sunday, October 6, 2024

Coming back to the refuge

Reading: Isaiah 58-59, Psalm 5, and Acts 8

 

Scripture: Psalm 5:11; But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you.

 

Thoughts: Over that last several months, I have been drifting and not fully trusting in God but leaning on my understanding and walking in what I thought were God’s ways but not seeking God. I was taking refuge in my time to myself and in my own selfish desires. Lately I have been hearing the call to come back to the feet of God, to sit and listen, to cry out to Him about those things that are going on. Let us come back to that first love we had when we first met Christ let us rejoice that we have refuge in you and place that banner that we can look to and return to when life gets us down.

 

Prayer: Father God, you are worthy of all praise, you are greater than any other god. I humbly come before you returning and asking you to wash me again. Fill me again with your love. I long to sit in your presence. I long to hear your voice. Open my ears again to hear you to discern your voice from the things that call me away.


No comments:

Post a Comment